Top 10 Universities in Mumbai
Higher Education: Another Reason to Know Business Capital & Bollywood Town Mumbai
Universities in Mumbai are center of attraction among undergraduate and graduate students. From different corners of India, students visit and stay in different parts of Mumbai for pursuing higher education in various study disciplines, viz; sciences, arts, commerce, computers, engineering, medical, law, IT, Biotechnology etc. Many also join research programs in distinct study discipline.
Mumbai has many Top Universities recognized as centers of excellence to its credit, viz, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, University of Mumbai, SNDT Women's University, Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth to name a few. Mumbai is considered as Hotspot of knowledge among major cities in India.
Universities in Mumbai provide undergraduate and postgraduate education in various disciplines of sciences, arts, commerce, computers, engineering, medical, law, IT, Biotechnology etc. For admission into undergraduate programs the minimum educational requirement that one should possess is 12 years of school education from CBSE Board / CISCE Board or any other qualification in relevant discipline. For admission into post graduate programs, minimum qualification is graduation in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
Following are mentioned some degree types that one may earn from a University in Mumbai.
- B.A. – Bachelor of Arts
- B.Arch. – Bachelor of Architecture (sometimes also known as B.A.)
- B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science
- B.E. - Bachelor of Engineering
- B.Tech.- Bachelor of Technology
- B.Pharm. – Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- B.Sc (IT) - Bachelor of Sciences (Information Technology)
- B.Sc. (Biotech) - Bachelor of Sciences (Biotechnology)
- BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- LLB – Bachelor of Laws
Post Graduate Programs
- M.A. – Master of Arts
- M.Arch. – Master of Architecture (sometimes also known as M.A.)
- M.Sc. – Master of Science
- M.E.- Master of Engineering
- M.Tech. - Master of Technology
- M.Pharm. – Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- M.Sc (IT)- Master of Sciences (Information Technology)
- M.Sc. (Bio Tech) - Master of Sciences (Biotechnology)
- PG Diploma in Hotel Management
- MBA – Master of Business Administration
- MD – Doctor of Medicine
- MS – Master of Surgery
- MDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- LLM – Bachelor of Laws
Universities in Mumbai also offers certificate courses, job oriented courses, diploma programs, Evening Programs, Correspondence Courses, Part Time Programs, and research programs in various study disciplines.
Different Universities in Mumbai has provided affiliation to numerous colleges. The University of Mumbai is largest Affiliating University in Mumbai, which has provided affiliation to hundreds of colleges across the city. These colleges offer various study programs in different study disciplines. Most of the Universities in Mumbai offers admission during June to August month and issues notifications regarding admission procedure well in advance. For latest admission notification Click Here.
There exists range of Best Universities in Mumbai, viz, Central Universities, State Run Universities, Private Universities, Deemed Universities etc. The mission of all these University Centers in Mumbai is to provide education and training eligible human resources for the services of industry and society.
Universities in Mumbai offers courses through various modes, so as convenient to every one, viz; full time courses, regular courses, part time courses, online education, private & correspondence education, evening courses, and distance learning courses / distance education programs.
Courses offered from different Universities in Mumbai are approved from various agencies of government, viz;
- University Grants Commission (UGC) of India,
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE),
- Medical Council of India (MCI),
- Bar Council of India (BCI), and
- Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) to name a few.
List of Top 10 Universities in Mumbai is given here. This list is indicative and not in accordance with the official ranking of Top Universities in Mumbai.
- University of Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
- International Institute for Population Sciences
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management & Higher Studies
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
- SNDT Women's University
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
For more details about Universities in Mumbai, admission criteria in the university of your interest, courses offered and university life, placement, career opportunities etc click here.